Welcome back to Sunday worship! The 30-minute service will begin at 10.30am; the door on Woodend Drive will be open at 10 am. As we are following the guidance of the Scottish Government and Church of Scotland we need to impose the following restrictions on our services to keep everyone as safe as possible.
- You must pre-book a place by contacting the Church Office by phone (0141 959 2496) or email (email@example.com) by 2.30 pm on the Thursday before the Sunday on which you wish to attend worship. Give your name and a contact phone number, and make it clear if you are booking for more than one person. This includes children, even babies! You should verify that you are well and that you are not at a high risk of contracting COVID-19.
- The church will have been thoroughly cleaned before opening and between each service.
- Our ‘pick-up-by-car’ rota is suspended as car-sharing is not allowed except in family groups.
- Please do not come to church if you are unwell and/or have underlying conditions that mean that you are in a high-risk category.
- You may have to queue in the street, observing the 2 metre physical distancing rule.
- When you arrive at church a member of the Welcome Team will meet you, check that you have booked to attend and will ask if you are well.
- Please wear a face covering throughout your time in the church (children under the age of 12 are exempt), and sanitise your hands when you enter the building.
- The Offering will be taken on the way into church at the front door.
- You will be directed to a particular seat, filling the church from front to back, with physical distancing at 2 metres. Family groups are asked to sit in the West Chancel.
- Please do not linger on the way in or out.
- Do not bring a Hymn book as there will be no singing, or a Bible as they will not be needed.
- There will be no pew cushions. Please do not bring your own cushion.
- The church doors will remain open to aid ventilation so wear something warm.
- Children and young people are welcome, but will stay in the Church for the whole service sitting with their family. There will be no activity table for young children. They should not bring soft toys.
- A printed Order of Service will be at your seat.
- After the service please remain seated until a member of the Welcome Team indicates that you may leave, beginning with those sitting at the back of the church.
- Tempting though it is, please do not stop to chat with people after the service.
- Please sanitise your hands when you leave the building.
- There will be no tea and coffee after the service, and the toilets will not be not available.
- If someone takes unwell during a service they will be attended to by a trained member of the duty team who may be wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). If the person cannot make their own way home an ambulance will be called.
- If the fire alarm should sound during the service you should make your way out of the nearest exit as quickly and calmly as possible.